Pages

Thursday 29 December 2016

Summer Learning Journey Day 12 WK.3

12/29/2016
Day 12 – As Seen on T.V...
Today you wake up and you are feeling quote tired after all of your sightseeing so you decide to spend the day relaxing in front of the TV. When you turn on the TV you decide to scroll through the channels to see what local television programmes and movies are like in your country. You are amazed! In some cases it is pretty different from what is on TV in New Zealand. To see what is popular in your country, click on the links below and watch the video. In some cases, they will be in different languages!
Canada – Caillou – Fun in the Mud [22:02 minutes]
Chile – 31 Minutos – Episode 1 [4:48 minutes]
Germany - Lowenzahn – Episode 1 [1:58 minutes]
Malaysia – Upin & Ipin – Full episode [19:25 minutes]
United Kingdom – Britain’s Got Talent – 2016 Final (Boogie Storm) [6:27 minutes]
Mexico – Maria Belen [1:35 minutes]
South Africa – Pumpkin Patch: Introduction Song [1:00 minute]
United Arab Emirates – iCarly Episode 3 [2:00 minutes]
Japan – Anpanman: Ironman vs. Japanese Ghost [2:47 minutes]

Activity 1
On your blog provide a short review of the video from your country. In your review please tell us:
  1. The name of the television show
  2. What you liked about the show
  3. What you didn’t like about the show
ANSWERS
I picked Britain's got talent because the video link that was pasted for canada Caillou the video didn’t work.

1. Britians got Talent
2. What I liked about the show is that it was funny and I liked how the people were dressed in stroom trooper costumes.
3. I liked everything about the show there was nothing that i didn’t like.
Finally, at the end of the review, give the video a rating out of 5 stars with 5 stars (*****) being amazing and 1 star (*) being terrible
ANSWER
I give this show 5 (*****) stars because it was very entertaining and I would watch it again.


Activity 2
Most of us like to watch TV when we have the chance. One of my favourite television shows, at the moment, is called Veep. It’s a show about a woman who becomes the President of the United States. It’s pretty funny! I watch Veep on HBO every Monday night.
What is your favourite television show at the moment? On your blog, tell us the name of your favourite television show and tell us, briefly, what it is about.
ANSWER
I don’t have a favourite show but a show that I enjoy watching is called K.C undercover it is about a girl and her family are spies and then she becomes one to and she fights bad people.  
Bonus Activity
Find a Youtube clip of a popular television show from New Zealand. Upload the link to your blog. Beside the link tell us the name of the show and tell us what is happening in the clip.
The show is called one news and this video is about them interviewing Tori Kelly.
Bonus Blog = 10 points

4 comments:

  1. Hi Katelyn,

    I'm so sorry that the link to the Canadian show didn't work! That's too bad!

    It sounds like you really enjoyed the 'Britain's Got Talent' program. Isn't it amazing how many different talented people there are in the world??? I bet there are some very talented people in your school! And perhaps you're one of them! Do you like to sing or dance or act in drama productions at school?

    I hope that you're able to get out to play and enjoy the beaches or go tramping a bit during your summer holiday time! Sometimes it's so hot here in the summer that we stay inside during the mid-day to avoid the sun, and we watch a bit of television then. Perhaps that's what you do too.

    I like to knit and sew and so I often will have the television on at night and just listen to a program while I'm knitting and cross-stitching. It keeps me company while I work on my projects.

    I'm glad that you're taking time during your holidays to participate in this blogging program - just great work you're doing! I look forward to your next postings!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie,

    Thank you for taking time out of your day to comment on my work I like to sing and dance but i'm a bit to shy to perform in front of a big crowd.

    Katelyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Katelyn I really think that you continuously doing a amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katelyn,

    I'm glad that you're a singer - I can understand why you're a bit shy to perform in front of a crowd. But perhaps one day your class will prepare a dance and/or a song and you can perform on stage as part of a group of classmates. Wouldn't that be fun?!

    Thank you for writing back!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete